In-house volunteers may work regular hours at a Pine Tree office or remotely, on a part-time or full-time basis. Attorneys who volunteer in court attend biweekly or monthly dockets, usually 2 – 4 hours per court date.
How it works
- Pine Tree offers training, office space, technology, and support to in-house volunteers.
- Volunteers work closely with staff to identify cases for acceptance and provide legal assistance in the volunteer’s area of expertise.
- Pine Tree staff assists with opening cases, obtaining documents, and closing cases.
- Depending on the volunteer’s location and schedule, the volunteer may work at one of Pine Tree’s local offices or work remotely.
- Attorneys utilize their professional skills to make an immense difference for low-income clients.
- In-house volunteers work with Pine Tree staff to determine their own flexible schedule and case load according to their interests and needs.
- Attorneys gain hands-on experience with the structured support of experienced staff.
- Legal assistance in employment, family, consumer law, and other areas of civil law are greatly needed in Maine. Your contributions in these areas will have a significant impact on people’s lives.
- Pine Tree offers the support of experienced staff, a variety of training opportunities, malpractice insurance, and other resources for volunteer attorneys.