Back to top


Maine Tenant's Notice of Warranty of Habitability Violation

Here is a sample form you can use if you need to inform a landlord in writing of an unsafe or unfit rental housing condition. 

Be careful! You need to understand the Maine laws about unsafe rental housing and other options before using this form.  And it is best to talk to a lawyer, if you can, before taking this step. 

Court Form Category: 

Maine Tenant's Request for Security Deposit Account Information

Maine tenants can use this form letter to request information from their landlord about where their security deposit is being held.

Maine law requires a landlord to hold tenants' security deposits in a separate bank account. The purpose is to put your security deposit outside the reach of the landlord's creditors.  So if your landlord is sued or foreclosed upon or declares bankruptcy, your deposit is safe. 

Court Form Category: 


Subscribe to Public