Welcome! We made this tool to help people find the best legal information and resources for their civil legal problems in Maine. It will ask you a few questions about who you are, and what your legal problem is.
A few things you should know before you start:
- This screener can only help with one problem at a time - but you can use it as many times as you need.
- There are no 'wrong' answers - answer the questions as best you can. You can always go back and change your answers.
- This screener is anonymous – we will ask some questions about you, but only to help figure out which resources you may qualify for. We won't ask for personal information like your name or address.
- The screener CAN help you find all the best resources for your legal problem or figure out what kind of legal problem you have. By answering a few questions about your situation, this tool can help you find information and a place to start with getting legal help.
- The screener CANNOT give specific answers to detailed questions or connect you with a PTLA lawyer immediately. This tool can help you figure out if you should call us, or come in to one of our offices – but it is not an instant way to get a lawyer.
Click the 'Begin' button below to get started!