- You have the right to ask for information from your boss about the pesticides they are using where you work.
- Always use protective equipment, which should be provided to you by your employer.
- Wash your hands before eating, drinking, smoking or going to the bathroom.
- Wash your body after working to remove pesticides from your body.
- Wash your work clothes seperatly from other clothes, and wash the clothing you worked with pesticides in before wearing it agian.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts that cover your arms, long pants, socks and gloves.
What should you do if you are sprayed with pesticides or you ingest them?
- Rinse your skin immediately with soap and water. Take off your clothes if they are contaminated.
- If you feel sick or if your eyes, skin or throat hurt, go to a doctor immediately.
- Tell the doctor that you think you’ve been poisoned by pesticides.
- Tell the doctor that he can call your boss to find out what pesticides they were using where you worked.
Some symptoms of pesticide poisoning are:
Irritated skin, nose, eyes or throat; headache; vomiting; blurred vision; sweating; muscle pain or cramps; chest pain; drooling; difficulty breathing; nausea; difficulty walking; weakness and loss of appetite.