These are relatively complicated cases. So you should try to get advice from a lawyer if you can. We offer this online information for people who cannot find legal help.
Forms Used to Prepare for Negotiating a "Workout"
- Standard Answer and Request for Mediation
- Sample Answer and Affirmative Defenses (where mediation not available; learn more here)
- Sample Discovery Request
- Sample Request to File Late Answer
- Sample Motion to Enlarge Time to Respond to Summary Judgment Motion
- Defendant's Foreclosure Mediation Information Form (Maine Court form; used in mediation)
- Motion to Continue Mediation in Foreclosure Action (Maine Court form)
- "Net Present Value" Calculator (used in mediation; Excel spreadsheet file)
Find more information and forms used in the court's Foreclosure Mediation process here.
Full list of Maine Court's foreclosure mediation forms here.
Find videos, free help agencies and more in our Foreclosure Prevention Toolkit
Updated October 2015