Jump to navigation
Back to top
- Decide if you should get a lawyer or if it is reasonable and safe to go forward on your own.
- Read this online guide to learn about the legal process.
- Read our Families Change: Parents Guide to learn about helpful parenting strategies during a separation.
- Get your court forms packet. If you use our interactive online forms, you must still purchase the Summons form from the court. The Summons costs $5.
- Read the court forms instruction sheet.
- Fill out the forms. Get help if you need it.
- Serve and file the forms.
- Prepare for your court meetings and hearings.
- Go to all scheduled court appearances.
- Follow the steps and directions you get from the Magistrate.
- Look back at this guide and ask for help when you have questions.
- Take it one step at a time. You can do this!