The Quinnehtuhqut Legal News is a newsletter for Native Americans in Connecticut published by Pine Tree Legal Assistance.
The Summer 2014 edition (.pdf) includes articles on these topics:
- Proposed Changes to Tribal Federal Recognition: What do They Mean for Connecticut?
- The Indian Child Welfare Act: An Overview
- Renters’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Preparing for Winter: Utility Disconnection and Energy Assistance
- Updated Legal Resources List
Past issues of Quinnehtuhqut Legal News:
Spring 2013 edition (.pdf file)
- The Legal Status of Indian Tribes in Connecticut
- Federal Funding for State Recognized Tribes
- Debt Collection: Understanding Your Rights
- Racial Profiling: What to do if you encounter the police
Spring 2007edition (.pdf file)
Updated October 2014